Monday, January 28, 2013

Waiting

My favorite quote on home decorating.  I pinned this to one of my boards on Pinterest a while back, and it really helped me gain perspective on redoing our old trailer where we live.  I started trying things I had little to no knowledge of, and not worrying {quite} so much about what I cannot yet change.

I dare say, it can be applied to spiritual life as well.  We may choose not to act in ways God has called us because we think we are not "good" enough.  You may feel you have to be prettier, more outgoing, a better singing/speaker...I understand this far too well, but since I learned to start doing more in faith - though I have a long way to go - God has been faithful and given me jobs to do for Him that I never would have done on my own.

God has called YOU to do work for His kingdom, and to walk along other Christians as you do so...for your weakness might be another one's strengths.  Don't wait until you become this perfect person.  It won't happen.  Do seek God.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

2 comments:

I would love to receive comments! I need feedback to see if this blog is potentially blessing people or causing them to think about God and/or the Bible in a new way. Thanks!!