Saturday, July 7, 2018

Permission Granted

Cruising along in my car...
Jamming to the tunes... 
Windows down and windblown hair...
Following my friend to a popular downtown area so we could park near each other...
Compulsion to be nice and let another car over in front of me as I'm following friend...

Wait. What??? 

We all get it.  I'm the nice girl.  I like to help, be gracious and serve others.  Maybe you can relate.  And this is by no means saying that you, or I, or anyone for that matter should be otherwise.  What I'm realizing though, is that we often give other people permission to run our lives or make decisions for us when they don't even know our story.  It wasn't that drivers fault that she was separating my car from that of my friend.  It was completely my fault for granting her that right.  She had no idea and never will.

Guess who knows my story far better than anyone else?  Far better than even I do.  I'm sure you know where I'm going with this...My Heavenly Father, who knows every thought I have, every hair on my head, and is aware of my future...He speaks to me.  Sometimes I listen to others more than I do to Him. Heck, probably more often than not I'm listening to others first, thereby giving them permission to set me on a detour away from where He wants me to head.

The beauty of detours, dead-ends, and wrong turns?  They don't have to be permanent. 

What is God speaking to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to receive comments! I need feedback to see if this blog is potentially blessing people or causing them to think about God and/or the Bible in a new way. Thanks!!